Dec 10, 2019
On this episode of Knowledge and Mileage, Kris talks with
biohacker, author and holistic health coach Siim
Land. Siim takes us on a deep dive on autophagy, the ketogenic
diet and fasting.
- What is metabolic autophagy? How did he get into it and who is
it for? [2:40]
- The difference between looking big and having muscle vs
stimulating your mTor pathway all the time [6:03)
- What is his view on essential amino acids in regards to
stimulating autophagy? [11:20]
- Does he take his supplements before breaking his fast?
- What does his weight training routine look like? How does he
break his fast? [19:21]
- Why it’s not a good idea to keep your body in a single state
all the time [21:30]
- The process from moving someone from a typical
carbohydrate-rich diet into a keto (or fat-adapted) diet
- The importance of practicing moderation and self-control
- The value and benefits of getting quality sleep for longevity
and fat loss [30:57]
- How can one ‘hack’ their deep sleep? [36:48]
- What are his recommendations for time-restricted eating?
- What aspects of fasting help with muscle hypertrophy?
Featured Guest: Siim Land
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- This episode is brought to you by Laird's Superfood. If you are on
the go like Kris is and need a pick-me-up use Laird's InstaFuel
because it goes beyond just coffee and includes their amazing
superfood creamer. Use code GETHIN20 for 20% off
your first purchase.
- Want to upgrade your digestion? Check out MassZymes by
BioOptimizers, the most powerful protein-digesting enzyme on the
planet. Use code KRIS20 for 20% off your order at
- BioOptimizers not only has the best solution for assistance in
protein digestion, their brand new supplement Kapex is now here to
help with fat digestion! Use code KRIS20 at
20% a bottle of BioOptimizers Kapex today!
- Big thanks to Organifi, the makers
of one of my favorite nighttime drinks, the Organifi Gold. Most
people usually crave something soothing and nurturing before bed.
Of course, a dairy such as yogurt or ice cream is out, but
ingredients such as coconut milk, turmeric, cinnamon, lemon balm
and ginger in a warm beverage can help reduce stress and induce a
nice calming effect to quantify a better sleep cycle of Deep and
REM. go to
Organifi.com and enter code GETHIN at
checkout to receive 20% off your order.
Connect with Kris