Dec 17, 2019
On this episode of Knowledge and Mileage, Kris talks with
Matt Maruca, extreme biohacker and expert on the
circadian rhythm. Matt has used his struggles as a teenager with
his health to develop his signature program The Light Diet which
focuses on optimizing your circadian rhythm and biological
processes through sun exposure and limiting blue light.
Tune in to hear how light exposure is being found to be a root
cause of a healthy lifestyle.
- Why Matt started to focus on holistic health at the age of 13
- The beginnings of Matt’s idea of a Light Diet [8:45]
- Managing allergies through dietary and lifestyle changes
- Sun Exposure vs Red Light Therapy and seasonal affective
- Does sunlight cause cancer? The history of the research on
- Optimizing circadian rhythm with a sun exposure protocol
- How does your circadian rhythm effect your body composition?
- Should you move your training outside? [51:00]
- Is the increase of blue light devices contributing to childhood
- Matt simplifies ATP [1:02:30]
- How Matt manages his light exposure while traveling
- Why Matt follows a seafood ketogenic diet [1:08:00]
Featured Guest: Matt Maruca
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- This episode is brought to you by Laird's Superfood. If you are on
the go like Kris is and need a pick-me-up use Laird's InstaFuel
because it goes beyond just coffee and includes their amazing
superfood creamer. Use code GETHIN20 for 20% off
your first purchase.
- Want to upgrade your digestion? Check out MassZymes by
BioOptimizers, the most powerful protein-digesting enzyme on the
planet. Use code KRIS20 for 20% off your order at
- BioOptimizers not only has the best solution for assistance in
protein digestion, their brand new supplement Kapex is now here to
help with fat digestion! Use code KRIS20 at
20% a bottle of BioOptimizers Kapex today!
- Big thanks to Organifi, the makers
of one of my favorite nighttime drinks, the Organifi Gold. Most
people usually crave something soothing and nurturing before bed.
Of course, a dairy such as yogurt or ice cream is out, but
ingredients such as coconut milk, turmeric, cinnamon, lemon balm
and ginger in a warm beverage can help reduce stress and induce a
nice calming effect to quantify a better sleep cycle of Deep and
REM. go to
Organifi.com and enter code GETHIN at
checkout to receive 20% off your order.
Connect with Kris