Feb 12, 2019
This week’s episode is a little different. This is an account of
one of Kris’s biggest ventures into self experimentation. In
between stem cell therapy procedures, Kris decided to sit down with
the doctors from the Centro de Celulas Madre Y Biotecnologia in
Pereira, Colombia to ask them about all about stem cells.
Tune in to find out what is the best way to biohack your age,
recover faster, why Kris went to Colombia to get stem cell therapy
and didn’t opt for it in the US.
Time Stamps/Written Translations
- Differences between stem cells administered in Colombia and
those administered in other places such as the US. [10:00]
- There are many different stem cell therapy treatments around
the world. One is the stem cell treatment from bone marrow. This
one has the least amount of stem cells.
- The second is from the the blood stream. This is not as
effective because those stem cells would have the same age as the
donor, so the cells won’t work as well.
- The third method, which they use here at Celulas Madre in
Pereira, is from the umbilical cord tissue. These stem cells are
coming from newborn babies, which means the stem cells are young,
potent, and powerful and are able to regenerate to help prevent
- How does the amount of stem cells harvested from adipose tissue
or bone marrow compare to the amount of stem cells harvested from
umbilical cord tissue?
- The amount of stem cells harvested from the umbilical cord
tissue is much larger than the amounts harvested from the adipose
tissue or bone marrow. Because the stem cells from the umbilical
cord tissue are extracted at such a young age, these cells do not
have an identity, they are universal and can multiply quickly.
- In the USA, the most amount of stem cells that you can extract
and administer to someone is around 3 million stem cells. In
Colombia, my first treatment was an Stem Cell IV Therapy which put
105 million stem cells into my body. I was getting 7 million stem
cells per minute. I also got stem cells injected into my joints -
both knees, both elbows, and the shoulder I had surgery on. Each
area had between 30-50 million stem cells injected into them.
- Studies done here and in other places have shown us that this
is the best amount to apply.
- What is the biggest benefit of having the intravenous stem cell
- When the stem cells enter your body through an IV, they head to
areas in your body that need repair. It’s call the Homing Effect.
This type of treatment gets stem cells all throughout their
- Benefits of stem cells: Prevent some illnesses, such as lung
diseases, organ diseases, muscles will recover faster, will help
with the production of collagen and other anti-aging agents and
increased vitality and energy.
- Many of their patients that use this therapy are older, and
they have experienced many benefits. They expect that younger
patients will experience the benefits from stem cells in the form
of disease prevention.
- The second treatment was a mix of Kris’s own PRP (human growth
factor) and stem cells that were injected into localized areas:
both knees, both elbows, and the shoulder he had surgery on.
- How long until can one expect to feel benefits from the
localized area stem cell treatment? [26:00]
- Studies from biopsies and X-rays show that the treatment starts
growing tissue after 6-8 months. But in medical practices they can
tell that about 2 months after the procedure the tissue starts to
regenerating itself and it starts to feel better. You won’t feel
the wear of the knees and elbows after 2 months. After 2 months is
when the procedure starts to work.
- How did Kris learn about this stem cell center? [29:00]
- For active people like bodybuilders, marathon runners,
triathletes, this has to be good for them. Athletes have plantar
flexion problems, rotator cuff problems, knee problems. This
treatment can give them more years of vitality and performance
instead of stress and pain.
- There are two types of illnesses: one is the degenerative and
it’s because of time, getting older, and the other is one is
traumatic, some type of injury.
- Although they are different types of disease the stem cells
work the same in repairing those areas.
- The agreement between the families of the babies who donate
their babies stem cells. [32:00]
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- BiOptimizers Nutrition: BiOptimizers help you
improve your performance from the inside out. Use the coupon code
checkout and get 20% off all of their products.
Connect with Kris